Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 30: Workout 6

Day 30 out of 90! Wow! Seems like a good day to celebrate--with a little morning workout 6!

This workout was awesome. I definitely feel like workouts 5 and 6 take it up a couple levels. The hardest part for me was the weighted superman. She says to use your light weights. For me that's 5 lbs. the first time around I could barely move my arms so the second time I used one 5 lb weight and held it in both hands.

Cardio intervals involve higher jumping. I haven't had any complaints from my downstairs neighbors yet so hopefully I didn't wake anyone. I tried to land as lightly as possible. The first cardio interval where you jump and tuck really got my heart pounding.

I love how the last interval here is abs. I know these next two weeks are going to bring some crazy tone in my abs.

Yesterday's food choices were spot on all day and I feel much better. I ate too much last weekend but I'm glad to see the consequences aren't permanent. Last night I made leek and potato soup using the veggies from my farm box so I'm set for lunches in my new lunchbox for a while. Also yesterday I tried almond butter for the first time. Holy moly that stuff is delicious! It takes some stirring but it's totally worth it.

Finally some thoughts on weights. I use 5, 8 and 10 and that seems to work well for me so far. I used to have a theory that there's a special type of weights that look like weights but are really made of foam and are used in workout videos so the instructors can talk and workout at the same time. I wonder if that's ever true.

1 comment:

  1. You're 1/3 of the way through! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete