Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 24: Cardio 2 ahead of schedule

I waited until the last minute this morning to decide if I would finish out phase 1 with cardio 1 or skip ahead to cardio 2. Probably not being able to run yesterday afternoon was the biggest factor. Getting up just because it was only 26 min wasn't going to do it. I wanted a good burn. Cardio 2 delivers!

I had lots of energy and cranked that sucker out. There's lots if jumping in this one (sorry neighbors) but also some of those punching moves that I always look stupid doing. PliƩ jumps are the hardest for me. That's a good thing though. I want to feel it! I still feel like I have more to give after this was over which is good since I told a friend I'd run long with her today.

I decided to take a chance with my ego and try on these pin-striped pants I got a year-and-a-half ago at the Banana Republic Outlet. Three months ago I couldn't fasten them anymore. Today they fit better than when I bought them. Huge victory. I haven't been taking measurements but I can tell the program is working. So excited.

Here's my version of the chocolate oatmeal muffins. I omitted the oil and put more coconut milk in there because I had some leftover from another recipe. I also tossed in some quinoa crunch and sprinkled extra on top before baking. I wasn't able to find 70% cocoa chocolate chips so I broke up a dark chocolate bar that was on sale and it worked fine. These are pretty good. Definitely dense, but filling. Don't omit the orange zest when you make these. I think it gives them a perfect kick.

I hope everyone has a great day today. I love reading about everyone's progress. Keep up the good work!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I definitely want to make those muffins, they sound like exactly the thing I would love! Way to go with the pants!!! Always a huge motivator to see something like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The muffins sounds great! Oh I can not wait until the kickstart is done, the pancakes are calling me. So back to you....great job with the cardio 2 for a couple reasons, only a true lifestyle change would permit someone to take the harder road, so BIG kuddos for that. TO respond to the p90x comment you left on my blog post....I had a really hard time with the 60 min tapes were hard but I get up every morning at 4am in order to have "me time" before i get myself ready for work and the kids for school, while doing P90x I got used to doing it then. Except!! for that 90 min yoga, I would procrastinate just long enough that morning to not have time for it, so I started a group of ladies at work to join me and we did yoga every Thursday in the big conference room... I needed them.

    ReplyDelete