Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week 2 Summary

Week 2 went well for me. I did all the Body Revolution workouts in order on the days I was supposed to do them, plus two sessions on the elliptical (Monday-63 min, Friday 30 min) and three days running (Tuesday 3.8 miles, Thursday 5.5 miles, Friday 3.5 miles). Food-wise, I did ok. I think I probably cheated a little every day. I'm following the recipes for breakfasts and lunches and then trying to stay within the calorie count for dinner. Chocolate was my nemesis so the plan for next week is to make the trail mix and use that as my snack. Hopefully that will be enough. Booze-wise (drumroll please) I had another epiphany last night. This sounds stupid now that I type it, but it occurred to me that other people having a good time isn't dependent on me accepting beverages from them. It's not as big of a deal as I was making it out to be. So I had two beers over 4 hours last night, a skinny margarita and half a real one on Friday, and a couple glasses I wine with the boyfriend on Wednesday. There's definite room for improvement here. I'm not giving up the sauce, but next week it will be no alcohol on work nights. The numbers: I almost hate to post this because I'm afraid it's a fluke, but I'm down another two pounds. The only two times I've ever been this weight as an adult are when I was training for marathons. I can tell its coming off the belly too, which is awesome. Another cool number I reached this week was three pull ups in a row. My new years resolution was to do a pullup. I got it by the very end of January and in February was able to do one more. Now I'm seeing if I can add one every month. Twelve pull ups in 2012! I'm super excited to start Workout 3 tomorrow. I've been hearing through the other blogs that it hits the abs really hard. Bring it on!

4 comments:

  1. How are you finding running AND doing Body Revolution? I just started BR yesterday (http://ctminnesota.wordpress.com/), but would like to be able to run as well now that it is getting lighter for longer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really lucky because I work for an athletic supply company where it's totally acceptable to come back from lunch sweaty and disgusting. Otherwise there would be no way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome (and I am really jealous!!). How have your legs been holding up? My glutes/hammies have been screaming for 3 days since starting BR :) I'm not the greatest runner to begin with, and I'm worried that I may not have the strength for both.

    Thanks for your insight. I'm asking because I am considering training for a 1/2 marathon (GULP) over Labor Day, but it would mean starting my training before I'm done with BR...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It depends on how hard I'm running. At the end of last week my hamstrings were shot, but that's because I ran with the really fast girl at work. I was good after a couple days of no running. I think you should go for the half. What's the worst that could happen? Might as well try, right?

    ReplyDelete