Friday, March 2, 2012

Podcasts, Kids, and More About Food

I love the Jillian Michaels Podcast. Jillian is so freaking earnest, and her sidekick, Janice “Moose Knuckle” Ungaro,  is so goofy – I die laughing. I saw on Jillian’s facebook that she recorded another one with Bob Harper. The last one they did together was definitely a highlight! Bob is a studmuffin. I’m a sucker for a clean cut guy with tattoos.
The most recent podcast I listened to was the one where she talks about the emotional connection she’s formed with the little girl she’s working to adopt. The part about waking up and pretending to be asleep so the little girl won’t wake up too early was so relatable. I’ve got two sons, age 6 and 9, and I remember those exhausting toddler years well!
So to tie this back to food…I’ve got two pizza parties to attend this weekend. Tonight is my 6-year-old’s basketball end-of-season party. I checked the menu online and they a couple salad options so I’m going that route and should be fine. I’m hoping the boys will want pasta or something so I don’t have tons of pizza leftovers.
Tomorrow night is a birthday party at one of those bouncy house warehouse places. Pizza, cake and soda will definitely be involved. Get this. The party is from 8:30 to 10:30 at night! There’s some sort of black light deal that goes on. Sounds like a rave for elementary school kids. My plan is to eat a good dinner in advance, bring my own sparkling water, and hope I don’t look like an asshole for refusing the food that I don’t want.

No comments:

Post a Comment