Saturday, March 3, 2012

Some weight loss and introspection about the vanity of my goal

I'm trying this blogging thing from my phone. I don't have a computer or Internet at home. If I type something insane I can blame autocorrect, right?

Here's something insane: I'm down 2 pounds. I've been sticking to 1200-1300 calories per day using Jillian's kick start breakfast and lunch and then doing my best for dinner.

Turns out jack-in-the-box puts calories on their drive thru menu so that helped out. Chicken fajita pita is only about 330 calories. Not the tastiest 330 I've ever had, but it did the trick. My goal for this whole 90 day experiment is to look amazing in a bikini this summer.

I started this at 130, which is a fine weight for me since I'm 5'7", but I've had a muffin top since I was 13. That's 21 years of muffin top. I've never worn a bikini in public. So on my wish list is amazing abs an unreal ripped arms like Jillian's. I have this idea that when I finish month 2 I'll go bikini shopping for motivation.

This goal is vain and kind of silly but I'm curious to see if I can do it. Not to get too deep about it, but I was raised in a body shaming religion and now that I'm over it I don't see the harm in spending some energy on a vain pursuit. Especially if it means Im eating more healthfully and gaining strength.

One last note--I bit the bullet and shelled out for 8 lb weights today. I actually had some car issues that kept me from doing the workout yesterday (I still ran for 45 min though!) so I'm doing workouts 1 and 2 thus weekend to finish off week 1. I'm excited to try this with the heavier weight. I can just imagine Jillian yelling at me, "your arms should be BURNING right now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment