Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 32: Stuff you should know about workout 5

I woke up really early today and couldn't sleep. It's because I took my boyfriend out for dinner last night for his birthday and had a couple beers (a draft beer called kiltlifter - so good). More than one drink makes it hard for me to sleep so that was a dumb move on my part. Someday I will learn this lesson.

Anyway, At 4:30 This morning I decided since I wasn't sleeping I may as well get up and do workout 5. I was expecting it to suck. It was super hard on Monday and that was after a rest day.

It was easier. Not easy, but easier. The sun salutations were the perfect warmup. When we do those jumping warmups in the other workouts my knees creak and crack like I'm 80 years old. Today it was nice to slowly wake up my muscles and get them primed for what was coming.

Here's what I want everyone to know about workout 5:

1. There are 4 circuits. At the end if the 2nd one Jillian says there's only 1 more. She is mistaken. Don't listen.

2. The 1st and 3rd circuits are harder than the 2nd and 4th. You will think while you're doing the 1st that there's no way you can keep up this intensity for 30 minutes. You won't have to so you may as well blast it out.

3. You will be sore. I've been doing a funny walk since Monday because my butt cheeks hurt. Give those jump squats your all and you too can walk like a monkey and cringe every time you stand up! I love the pain though. It means it's working.

I'm so tired now. Today will be a toughie. I have to go to the dentist to get a mold done for a crown this morning. Then I'll work. Probably skip running since I'll be in late.

Tonight is a work party at another restaurant with a great beer selection. I plan in sticking to water. Yesterday I skipped my snack thinking it would compensate for going out to eat. I think it backfired and made me eat too much (i could have had half the salmon instead of the whole thing). Today I'll have my celery and almond butter right before I go out so I'm not famished when I get there.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man! I hated when she lied about there only being one more circuit. I mean you knew after the first time through and I just wanted to shout "LIAR" everytime after. I am surprised at the editing in some of these. Like in cardio 2 when she tells you to start on the right in the last set of towel runs when you start on the left in the first two sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up about the LIES in Workout 6! I would be sooooooooooo pissed if I didn't know about that ahead of time!

    Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized just now that it's 5 not 6. Duh! Morning brain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up. I got frustrated in workout 1 or 2 when she says "put down your weights" and then makes you pick them right back up again...annoying!!

    I know, she's human. But those things make a difference when you are powering through!!

    ReplyDelete