Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 31: Motivation

It was really hard to get out of bed this morning. I'm sore. Mostly in the butt cheeks. It's a good, worked out feeling, but butt cheeks are big muscles ( that's why they're called gluteus Maximus) so its a big hurt.

I did it though. Another day of cardio 2 is in the books.

Last month I was motivated to get up in the morning because the workouts were short and I'd rather get them done than lie awake in bed pretending I was going to do them later.

Today my motivation changed. I realized that I haven't missed a single workout. I'm streaking! I'm in the habit now and I don't want to break out if it.

I was also thinking about my six pack goal. There's definitely a vanity aspect to it. But I also just want to see if it's possible. I always figured I was hard wired for belly fat, but what if that's not true? Let's find out!

Kinda makes me wonder what other aspects of myself or my life I've assumed are "just the way it is," you know? I am in control of my life. Might as well see what I can make of it.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post, Catherine. How many things do we tell ourselves that are not true? I have said so many "I could never _________", and then proven myself wrong. So why start with the negative? Let's get straight to "I'm working on ________" and see where it takes us. We are so much stronger than we give ourselves credit for!

    Go get those 6-pack abs!! (and post some pictures)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true about the streak. At this point, I figure, if I can do it for 15 days, why not 30? Why not 60? 90? And beyond!

    I think vanity is a totally normal and healthy source of motivation. Of course we want to look good! I'm getting married in September, and while I definitely want to get healthy for reasons other than just my wedding, the thought of that professional photographer capturing my every move is a HUGE source of motivation! I want to look damn good in that strapless dress!

    6-pack abs are totally within your reach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the streak is great and a shame to break. Great job getting to 30 days without a slip up. Inspirational for me. Six pack, whats that? Only six pack ever seen in front of me was called Bud L.ite. haaha, good luch and I hope you were wrong about your hard wires.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it Catherine! You'll be rocking that six pack by the end!!!

    ReplyDelete