Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 16: Workouts 3 and 4

I am IN LOVE with Workout 3. I had to do it in the evening at about 9:30 last night because the kids are adjusting to daylight savings still and kept popping out of bed and wanting attention.

The planks were definitely challenging but doable. They gave my arms that nice "worked out" feeling. The only exercise I really didn't like was the crab tricep dip thing. My elbows don't move that way so I felt like I was just moving my hips up and down. I'm wondering if I might hit the triceps better if I do dips on my coffee table next time. This workout flew by and was really fun.

I woke up early this morning to hit Workout 4. It's harder to give it 110% when I've just rolled out of bed, but I think I did pretty well. The hardest move for me here was the hollow man (abs!) so I'm looking forward to making it all the way through both sets of that by the end of this two weeks.

I killed it food wise yesterday. No cheating all day. Last night I chopped veggies and cooked quinoa for the veggie stir fry, made the quinoa crunch to have this morning with yogurt and berries, and made chicken salad for the sandwich I'm having for lunch today. I also have trail mix all ready for when that chocolate craving hits (when, not if). Kind of lame how little is considered a serving. Less than 1/4 cup!

Good luck to everyone today. I'm actually pretty tired because I let my 9-year-old sleep in my bed. He's usually pretty stationary but he's coming down with a cold and was super restless. My 6-year-old insists that to be fair he should sleep with me tonight. That kid is an active sleeper! I admit I love being close to them though so I'm not going to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment