Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 21: Week 3 Summary

This week was a mixed bag. There were definitely victories, but also some room for improvement.

First of all, the weigh in. I held steady at 126, so no weight lost this week. I'm at a total of 4 pounds lost for the three weeks. I'm not beating myself up about this but it's a good reminder that everything counts if I want to reach my goal.

I did all the body revolution workouts this week. I also ran 5.5 miles Monday, 3.8 miles Tuesday, and 4.25 miles Friday. I did the elliptical for 65 minutes on Thursday. I've been not doing extra cardio on cardio 1 days but I think I'll add in another run day this week and see what happens.

Workouts 3 and 4 are great. Three is probably my favorite so far because I feel like my heart rate is higher the whole time. I'm getting bored with cardio 1. I may switch early to cardio 2 or add in a 15 min ab video I have. I'll decide Wednesday.

So now on to the food. I do great during the workdays and even during most of the day on weekends. It's the evening that gets me. My dinner portions aren't exactly on plan and I have a tendency to give myself an extra snack or an extra bite of this or that.

My plan for this week is to keep my hands busy in the evening. Reading or watching a movie makes me eat, but it's impossible to snack while playing the violin or banjo. I also need to work on going to bed earlier. Lights out by 10 would help in so many ways.

I didn't do so good on my no booze on weeknights, but only two glasses of wine for the week is in the acceptable range for me.

2 comments:

  1. Those "extra bites" are so sneaky, aren't they? This morning I made the toast with rapsberries, honey, ricotta, and yogurt for breakfast. An extra spoonful of ricotta was halfway to my mouth before I even realized it! Hope your week gets off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing amazingly well. I can relate to the evening 'munchies'. I've actually had to ban myself from the kitchen or ask hubby to clear the table some nights because I KNOW I'll eat the equivalent of another full meal simply by snitching off of other plates or grabbing a handful of this & that. Ugh.

    Impressive miles logged while doing this, too! I hope to be reporting similar mileage in another month or so.

    ReplyDelete